Millennium Research Group’s new Physician Forum
study provides a market assessment of the emerging renal denervation technology for device-based treatment of hypertension. This study surveyed 146 physicians—including general cardiologists, hypertension specialists, interventional cardiologists, and interventional radiologists in the US and Europe—who are performing renal denervation procedures, will be performing these procedures, or will be referring patients for renal denervation treatment. Respondents identified current procedure usage, future procedure opportunity, potential procedure drivers and limiters, and key device characteristics of renal denervation devices.
What Questions Will Physician Forum Help You Answer?
- Which physicians will be performing this procedure?
- What are the key attributes physicians want in a renal denervation catheter?
- Which patients are going to be referred for renal denervation?
- What is the market potential and will this market be as lucrative as the hype suggests?
- What do physicians think of the current devices in development?
Key Sections: The following is an overview of the structure of the publication.
- Market Outlook
- Current market outlook
- Potential market expansion outlook
- Survey Respondent breakdown
- Analysis of Survey Results
- Current Use and Referral for Renal Denervation
- Future Use and Referral for Renal Denervation
- Referral Patterns
- Current referral pattern
- Future referral pattern
- Interventionalist Experience
- Familiarity with device-based hypertension treatments
- Outlook on device-based hypertension treatments
- Renal Denervation Device Conjoint Survey Results
- Market landscape simulations
- Renal Denervation Versus Baroreflex Receptor Activation
- Drivers and Limiters for Renal Denervation
- Minimum number of years of sustained blood pressure reduction by hypertension status
- Importance of clinical results
- Intellectual property
- Appendix A: Respondent Demographics
- Appendix B: Detailed Methodology
- Appendix C: About MRG
Methodology: This survey was designed by Millennium Research Group analysts with expertise in researching and analyzing trends and technologies in the cardiovascular market.
- The survey was conducted during June 2012, with respondents recruited online through Millennium Research Group’s proprietary in-house respondent databases and partner networks.
- The online survey also included a conjoint analysis component to assess the importance of different features and attributes of renal denervation devices.
- In addition, in-depth interviews were conducted with physicians from multiple specialties regarding the future potential for renal denervation.
Ian Swanson, M.Sc.